Sunday, February 28, 2010

The March to Mustache March Begins!

Hi, I'm Travis.










This all started in January when my roommate told me I had to grow a beard for him since his facial hair grows in patches.

I had never grown a beard before, mostly because I could never get past the itchy stage without shaving.

But this time, I did it.

In all the facial hair excitement, my roommate shared with me the legend of "Mustache March," which was passed to him by some good friends.

When my beard grew in so full, I decided this year would be my inaugural venture into the mustache madness.

I couldn't help but experiment before reaching my destination.


In retrospect, I wish I had kept the fu-manchu or even the chopstache. Regardless, here's where I ended up.

Then I combed my hair.


My hair dried and I dressed up.
I look like Jeff Foxworthy.

I'm not a mustache connoisseur or a mustache elitist. You can tell because I omit the "o" from "moustache." Looks too regal for my liking. And I look like Jeff Foxworthy, so I sure as hell ain't regal.

When I first glanced at myself in the mirror, I almost broke down in tears. Then and there I decided to document my marvelous month of mustache mayhem. When something ridiculous inevitably happens involving my mustache, it will be relayed in sufficient detail here.

I encourage everyone, male or female, to support Mustache March. Join the fun, make a small change for a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment